Forum Peter Line Conventional

Forum Peter Line Conventional 

USER REVIEWS

Showing 1-4 of 4  
[Jan 30, 2003]
twin57
Advanced

Strength:

Stitched liner is not as bulky as thermal liner which pack down with use. Very warm with no annoying heel bumps like Burton 4d matrix liner. No heel lift at all and I don't have to over tighten the laces. Perfect amount of stiffness for all riding. They have a short sole profile and the toe ramps up to prevent toe drag:as good as the Burton Ions.

Weakness:

none. you can find these at a great price .

These Are 2003 Peter Line Boots with the stitched liner.They fit true to size.A size 10 fits size 10.Your feet will stay warm at single digit temps.They are not to soft . The best fitting boots I have had out of the box.

Similar Products Used:

Burton 97 rulers,02 Drivers 98 Vans Emigre,00 Fargos 01 Forum Peter Lines w/Thermal Liners

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Nov 24, 2002]
BitchNasty
Advanced

To hell with these boots. These are the most uncomfortable boots for the money. Its hard to belive Peter Line would endorse and especially ride these torture traps. They slam the arch and pick-up the outside of the foot. Plus you shouldnt even feel the star with the bulkyness

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jun 24, 2002]
rs434
Advanced

Strength:

1. lots of support 2. lighter than 02 3. tradition style 4. internal heel harness 5. comfortable liner [no heel lift] 6. medium stiffness for maximum performance and comfort. 7. bulky, providing lots of padding for maximum comfort.

Weakness:

1. no original forum f on the boot. 2. forum name [they just started making ok products two seasons ago] 3. bulky, and will only fit into larger bindings.

hi, i am actually reviewing the 2003 model forum peter line boots. for 2003 pete decided to go back to the traditional style of boots from back in the 90s... this boot has classic style with new technology. these boots ride very similar to his boots from the first two seasons of forum boots, but they are much lighter and the liner is built much better... this boot is not something you would expect because in the past pete has had very modern designs with new technology, but now he has put style into something that works great... i really beleive these boots are worth every penny you spend on them.

Similar Products Used:

all the 01 forum boots, all the 02 forum boots, and all the 03 forum boots, and some 32 boots and some burton ions

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jan 26, 2002]
Ian in Chamonix
Advanced

Strength:

Sufficiently rigid to get a full season riding, without being stiff. Double lace system means zero heel lift. The size in the shop (i.e. mega-puffy) is just a style, but you are supposed to tighten these tight, and that all packs down. This results in amazing comfort and padding between you and the binding. Liners are the same as the older 32''s and are mega comfy. Reinforced heel and toe areas means little wear - I have riden in this for two months straight now and they are excelent. Not bad for hiking either, can crank down the laces easily as they are like hockey laces.

Weakness:

Footbeds are complete crap....but don''t be put off. Either get some out of another pair of shoes (skate shoes have better footbeds!!) or buy some boarding specific footbeds. These have no shape, no arch support and no heel support. I wrecked my heel a few times out until I swapped these. They are also rediculously expensive!

These are great boots, don''t be put off by the hype or the apparent size. People knock Forum for many reasons, many of them valid, but they make great boots (by comparison to some of their other product). These boots are a refinement of the older 32 Peter Lines and the last years Forum Peter lines, that he has worked on for years. They suit people with narrow feet, less than a size 10 really. Heel hold is first rate, as it always has been, the liner moulds well to the foot after ten days riding (or three if you hairdryer it first) and the apparent huge size is actually padding that makes them super comfy. I have damaged my feet countless times and these boots are a good fit for me, but like all boots, you have to try hundreds to know. These were almost comfy right off the bat and break-in was about a week.....not bad compared to all my others. Most comfy boots I ever owned. I understand that with teh larger sizes however, binding fit is hard. Mine are a size 8 US and they work with medium Burton Missions easily, even with the binding only adjusted halfway. I think that people that are knocking the puffyness of these boots are not tightening them down properly.

Similar Products Used:

32 Peter Lines (00), Forum Peter Lines (01), countless others that were awful beforehand.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-4 of 4  

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.

outdoorreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network:

mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com