Forum Bjorn Leines Freestyle

Forum Bjorn Leines Freestyle 

DESCRIPTION

The Bjorn Leines series is a shape and design that is for all types of riders who want to ride like him. The board is a little more freeride oriented, but still dominates the terrain in any freestyle situation,

USER REVIEWS

Showing 1-10 of 15  
[Feb 07, 2023]
olivernicholle

Strength:

The height adjustment failed and then sparks shot out of the circuit board treadmill died. Totally unreliable. Avoid Healthrider soft belted models at all costs. The worst purchase of my life. New Britain towing service

Weakness:

None . .

Purchased:
New  
OVERALL
RATING
[Oct 28, 2022]
shemikasoraya

Strength:

It was fast, floated in powder like magic even though it was oversized, carved hard and solid, just plain fun. But I got a new one. A 161 Premier F1R. It has a rock camber shape to it combined with some varied edge cuts from none to deep. Ithaca Commercial Truck Repair

Weakness:

none .. .

Purchased:
New  
OVERALL
RATING
[Nov 10, 2008]
dpalmer
Snowboarder

I bought this board brand new back in 2003 (same board different version). I got it with the intention of moving out West, which never ended up happening. Therefore I was stuck riding East Coast. Why does this matter? This board is great, but it would be even better for West coast riders. The board is extremely stiff, and often non-forgiving. For those of you who are expert riders killing it off big kickers, gnarly drops, and demanding terrain, well then this board is for you. Those of you who are anything but, I recommend staying away. This board is not for people learning to do park, nor learning to jib. You probably won't be able to deal with how stiff it is, but damn if you’re good, it'll give you a sick pop most boards can't, while tolerating some backseat landings that could crack other boards in half. It sports an aspin/birch wood core laid thicker in the middle for a stronger more responsive flex (although same would argue against that notion). It has the I-lock system, so make sure you stay away from dirt and gravel, as it can get stuck in the track causing the shifter to break (happened to me once) For me this board performed well although it may not have been my first choice after riding it. I found it a little too stiff, and thus couldn’t perform as well on the urban structures laid out through the park (boxes, rails, walls, etc.) For kickers this board kills it though, as it launches you up high and absorbs landings perfectly. For powdery days (often limited) it performed with perfection, and on icy days, not so great. So, my verdict, if you anything but an intermediate/advanced rider then this board is not for you. If you are looking for a board to take you to the next level, which performs great in the backcountry as well as in the park then go for it. It’s an older model forum doesn’t make any longer so you can probably get it cheap.

Customer Service

One of my shifters in the I-Lock broke requiring me to service the board. It took along time... Luckily though gravel/dirt only ouccurs at the very beginning and very end of the season. For me it was the end, so it wasn't the end of the world.

Similar Products Used:

Nothing else like it

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jan 22, 2008]
Chris
Snowboarder

Best thing I have ever rode. Got it at a Clearance/Used sale and could not beat it for the price

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Apr 29, 2006]
Think_About_Eternity
Snowboarder

Remember.. All snowboard reviews are HIGHLY subjective!!! So I will give some info on me and try to be non-biased.
Intermediate rider-Weight 180lbs-Height 5'6"-42 years old..
This review is for a 2004/2005 Forum Warrior Bjorn 156. A good stiff board. Handled, I thought, well in low angle trees with fresh snow. I liked it on evrything but ice. It did handle well at slow speeds and did well at high speeds too. Took a few days to break-in. Keep in mind that Burton Customs, Arbor Mystic and Salomon ERA boards did not work for me because I felt they were not stiff enough!! This board offers a good predictable ride and can handle jumps but I can't comment on rails and pipe. After 5 years of riding, 1 serious injury and many different boards I have decided to stick to stiff Forums only. Lets face it, you could probably find dozens of boards that will work for you and sticking to one is more or less prurely a mater of choice. My advise is: If you find a board that works for you, stick with it. A good sales pitch, brochure jargon and reviews only cause people to spend more money. Its like searching for the holy grail.. the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Find a board that works for you, keep it and stop wasting money looking for something better. If I would have stuck with the first board I really liked (02/03 arbor crossbow) I would have had just as much fun riding the last few years but would be a few thousand richer. Live and learn. I wonder how good the customX really is....

Similar Products Used:

Burton custom 158 & 160(did not work for me) .Arbor mystic 155(did not work for me). Arbor Crossbow 157(worked well for me). Salomon ERA 156(did not work for me).Burton Dragon 156(worked well for me). Rossignol Todd Richards 157(worked well for me).

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Feb 01, 2004]
Jason
Intermediate

Strength:

Great glide, perfect flex for all mountain riding, great pop.

Weakness:

A bit heavy compared to some other boards I have picked up.

The best advice that I can give about this board is as follows: Please don't try to catch me when I am on it. This board is fast and stiff. This board gives you the confidence to bomb down the mountain regardless of the terrain or conditions. I haven't yet been to the park, but I can already tell from hitting some rollers that this board has more pop than anything I've ever ridden. I am comparing this board to the rentals that I rode and my last board, which was far to freestyle focused for the type of riding I like to do. My favorite thing about this board is that it glides forever. On those annoying catwalks you can just stand up and cruise without having to skate, hop, or monkey crawl. The board I am riding is an 02-03, purchased in the 03-04 season at 40% off.

Similar Products Used:

Never ridden anything like this.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Oct 29, 2002]
Joe
Advanced

This product was amazing, i have never riden anything with more snap and pop, absolutely perfect flex for big jumps, jibs, and everything else. suggested highly

Similar Products Used:

Nothing can touch this board

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Oct 29, 2002]
Jack Redmond
Advanced

three words... SICK AS HELL!!! i was intermediate when i first got this board and i have just felt myself steppin it up... I ride the 152 model and although its a bit small its freakin awesome for spinnin and jibbin... two thumbs uh... ride on

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Oct 29, 2002]
James
Advanced

This board is the greatest purchase i ever made. Flexible as hell and it is so easy to bust insane tricks... i suggest highly

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Oct 21, 2002]
Josh Bobeintine
Advanced

Strength:

HAS GREAT GRAPHICS, AWESOME HANDLING

Weakness:

NONE

GREAT BOARD.

Similar Products Used:

ABOUT 5 OTHER FORUMS

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-10 of 15  

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.

outdoorreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network:

mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com