Trangia T25 Stoves

Trangia T25 Stoves 

USER REVIEWS

Showing 1-10 of 32  
[May 22, 2007]
Gaz
Backpacker

Trangia's can be slow. But I'm camping. So I don't really care whether it takes 7 minutes as opposed to 5 minutes, as the flipside is that it never ever breaks...

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[May 14, 2007]
nick phillips
Backpacker

I'm sorry but I don't agree with this lot. The meths reek frequently gets into your food. The pots blacken and then this smears everywhere. The set is pretty bulky too. Meths doesn't burn at a high enough temp, meaning it takes an AGE to heat up. I now use a petrol Coleman - slightly heavier but so much quicker and great in high winds.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jun 28, 2005]
rik_uk3
Car Camper

I own models 25, 27 and Swedish army versions; they are all good. Their strength is in simplicity, no moving parts, no maintainence (just clean out the burner holes with the end of a paper clip every few years or so). They always light, perform in any wind, never blow out and NEVER fail. Kettle, and two saucepans, that all fit into one neat package,,,,,,, get one or two

Customer Service

not needed

Similar Products Used:

several dozen other stoves (I collect them), but this is my stove of choice for backpacking

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Mar 05, 2005]
zenbiker
Backpacker

I first saw this stove in operation in 1976 with a couple of cyclists cross the continent on the original Bikecentennial tour in Idaho. Thought it was a little bizarre but they had other equipment like Stephenson/s tents and sleeping bag systems that were clearly the cutting edge. A few years later came across a Trangia cookset at REI in clearance bin for $15 and assumed it was only a cookset but upon opening it was the full system. This stove is not only bulletproof but ultrareliable even if you become creative. One trip in early winter near Tahoe, I set up came with others and began cooking dinner for myself and my brother. I started with soup and followed with creamed tuna with peas on browned English muffins and finished with apple cobbler with freeze dried ice cream. The instructor who taught the class was boiling water for his instant noodle but was curious about my cooking regimen. After looking at what he had prepared and what he had he asked me when I was taking my next trip. That's all I need to know that this was a winner.

Customer Service

Parts do wear after a few decades but just update them with the titanium replacment pans.

Similar Products Used:

MSR, svea, gaz

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Dec 26, 2004]
theotherleadingbrand
Paddler

TRANGIA WESTWIND REVIEW This thing is so simple and neat I can't find a problem with it. The westwind is the same stove that's in the other sets, but with a 3 panel windscreen and nothing else. Great for a simple weekend of ultra-light hiking and boil-in-bag cooking. I have no altitude/ winter experience with it to report, but for my purposes this thing has a good niche.

Customer Service

No moving parts, no problems!

Similar Products Used:

MSR, Coleman

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jan 29, 2003]
Jo Gurr
Day Hiker

I bought my Trangia 27 about 3 years ago and its still going strong. Its really adaptable & easy to use. I love cooking on it, I've even managed to cook Chicken Fajitas and spaghetti bolognese from scratch on it! I recently purchased a swedish army trangia from ebay which works just as well but its a bit smaller (and a lot cheaper if you get a 2nd hand one)

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Oct 18, 2002]
technocube
Day Hiker

Absolutely brilliant. Eg. I took my trangia on holiday and bought a camping gas stove as backup (and, for what I thought would be a quicker cooking experience). Took both up a mountain on quite a windy rainy day. Tried to make a quick cup of tea (being English) with the CampingGaz stove and it was useless- kept blowing out, and when it was lit, it didn't generate any heat. I resorted to the Trangia, quick to start, hassle free, works in windy weather, and made my cuppa in no time. I paid 40 quid which is equivalent to about $60.

Customer Service

No need.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jul 23, 2002]
Derek
Backpacker

This is a review fo the Trangia 25-5. Excellent stove. I used it this weekend on trip to Kananaskis Country. I was very impressed with the simplistic design and operation. Sure, it takes 2 - 3 minutes longer to boil 2 cups of water as compared to my Optimus Nova. (It sets up much quicker than the Nova -- I can have water on within about 30 seconds -- so it's probably just as fast to get to get something cooked). With no small parts there is nothing to go wrong... that means idiot proof operation... and that means trouble free B'packing. It does require a little more fuel than the Nova though. Each fill burned about 35 - 40 minutes. Lots of time for me to cook for 2. Alcohol fuel is easy to get, at least in Canada (I use an alcohol Fondu fuel - burns hot and clean). You can buy it at hardware / department stores. I bought it at Walmart - that's how easy it is to get. All in all... it may very well become the stove of choice for me.

Customer Service

none yet... but its so simple.....

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jun 08, 2002]
Greg
Backpacker

I couldn't be more pleased with this novel invention. I picked it up in trade (~$15USD) from a traveller I met on Kauai who was going true minimalist, he had already shed his tent, sleeping bag and almost everything else. This was the first time I had ever seen such a gadget, and I have only seen two others since. My main reason for loving it so much is its size. I just have the burner and the tri-fold stand, which is all you need aside from some folded up aluminum foil as a wind shield. 32 oz (stored in a sigg feul bottle) would last me approximately 10 days, which was perfect as I was only able to find a hardware store there about that often. I found that if you have the time--and with two months backpacking on Kauai that's all you have--set the simmer plate to 1/2. You can boil 2 cups of water and have rice/dehydraded food cooked in under 1/2 hour while only using about 1/3 of the resivours' fuel. However if in a rush it will boil water rapidly with no simmer shield. Other's have said that there is nothing to break on the trangia, they're wrong. An ignorant friend who had no idea what it was picked it up and bent the simmer plate back. It still functions, but does not put out the flame like it used to. The unit also sputters every now and then with a frightful blast of flames, but that just makes it all a bit more fun to use. I have talked to some other people who have used them before and I have come to the conclusion that if you are a patient person, you will love it and use it forever (and you will because it wont fail). However if waiting an extra five minutes for water to boil might drive you to suicide--don't laugh, you'd be supprised how many are afflicted with this condition--you will hate this unit and promptly throw it away, that is, if you don't kill yourself first. Great Product!

Customer Service

Do they HAVE customer service?

Similar Products Used:

Centrury/Primus Propane Burner Burning wood with stones stacked to make an(in)stable surface

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jun 04, 2002]
Ralf Kleineisel
Backpacker

This is the absolutely best camping stove I can think of. The whole set (burner + cooking set) costs no more than the cooking set alone from different brands. It's lightweight, easy to use, impossible to break. Operation is safe and reliable (the only burner I'd use under a tarp or apse). I use the T27 (the T25 is a little bigger) made of duossal. Cooking time is longer than with a gasoline burner, but you don't have to pressurize or pre-heat the burner.

Customer Service

What would you want to service in a Trangia?

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-10 of 32  

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.

outdoorreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network:

mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com