Never Summer PREMIER T5 Freeride

Never Summer PREMIER T5 Freeride 

DESCRIPTION

The T5 is a longer version of the premier model modified for big mountain riding. This directional board features a stiffer flex, an aggressive sidecut, and longer running lenth for stability.

USER REVIEWS

Showing 1-10 of 19  
[Feb 07, 2023]
Kiyumi22

Strength:

It''ll dominate. I''ve been riding the 162.5 in case you care. It''s gonna suck to give it back. If you''re in Washington, check out Alternative Sports in Puyallup. No better shops out there. Oakland paving stones

Weakness:

None . .

Purchased:
New  
OVERALL
RATING
[Jul 25, 2011]
merman
Snowboarder

I have also had the feeling of something surging up from the mountain while riding this board. People thought I was making it up, but when I let them ride it they felt it too. I wouldnt have believed it unless it happened to me, I am a very rational person. I searched for other people who had similar experience and found that there were many, strangely they were all with this model board. After some research and finding others who have experienced this I was not surprised to see other reviewers on this site with similar stories. I don't know what it is but there is definately some sort of harmonization that occurrs when riding this board fast in deep snow, it is as if it floats but at the same time is somehow carving. That is when you begin to feel it, like energy from the mountain. It starts out low warm under your feet and then it rises up through your legs and if you get a long enough run it "fills" your entire body. It is startling at first, I felt that I was going mad but it can be recreated over and over, there is no mistaking it. The board is definately able to reasonate/generate energy at a quantum level and act as some sort of medium to which it then passes this energy through to the rider. The original run of these boards have become extremely rare, if you find one buy it now. Many Riders who own low number boards have reported this "sensation" and some even call in "the ouije board" because of its possible ability to be a medium/bridge between the physical spiritual plane.

The company refuses to acknowledge this but there are many owners out there that can support this and are more than happy to let anyone try the board and see for themselves

Customer Service

smashing

Similar Products Used:

burton

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Dec 05, 2010]
Adnan Vilogorac
Snowboarder

i love my t5. it is so fast. i had my skier friends ask me if i use some special wax after i passed them repeatedly on flats. bacon baby, :D i ve abused this board for 3 seasons now, it is my one and only board and it still rides like it did on day 1, i also had a girl once tell me that my board looks pretty

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Mar 02, 2010]
chk76
Snowboarder

Got a Premier 165 in 2000, rode it hard for several seasons. Got a crack in the topsheet in 2003 at Blackcomb. Heard good things about NS customer service. Called them and told them the problem. They said to send it in and they would look at it, even though it was way passed warranty. I called a week after sending it in to check on the status, they informed me that they sent a replacement out. I asked them what i owed for it? Nada. On the house. Couple days later a brand-spanking new (serial number 050001) Premier T5 165 arrived at my door. It's been flawless and i can't really add to what others have said about how it rides, speed, stability, outstanding freeride board. What i can add is that NS stands by their product, provides the best service and has earned a customer for life. I've even gotten a few friends to buy NS based on how great their boards are.

Customer Service

A+ It doesn't get any better than NeverSummer service.

Similar Products Used:

Burton SuperModel, Forum, K2, Ride, Avalanche

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jan 04, 2009]
Jay Nash
Snowboarder

I've been snowboarding for 10 years and have tried numerous boards (burton, head, forum, k2, palmer). this is by far the best all-mountain ride i have experienced. most of my friends ski, and i can pass most of them on this lightning fast board. it is very stable at high speeds and cuts through anything. i've also hit some fairly large rocks and have sustained no significant damage to this beast. i'll ride nothing but never summer in the future (likely the same board since it will last forever).

Customer Service

no need

Similar Products Used:

Burton, Head, K2, Forum, Palmer

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Mar 30, 2008]
Tom
Snowboarder

I have a 168cm and the very first time I rode it I thought:

1. Wow, this thing is big!
2. Wow, this thing is stiff!
3. WOW, this thing is fast!

More than 200 days of riding later it may not be as stiff as day one, but the only other thing I'd add is "Wow, I can't kill this thing!"

I can't say enough about this board. It does it all: floats through the pow, bombs the groomers, sucks up the crud, flicks like a much smaller rig in the trees, zooms across the flats like it's got a motor, and sticks to the hill like it's a magnet. I ride in the Pacific NW and Western Rockies the T5 just eats up everything that you throw at it.

Some of the other reviewers have mentioned a heightened sense of confidence and a mystical connection to the board and I had to smile -- the T5 disappears underneath you in a way that makes you a better rider. It's so steady at speed that you often don't realize how fast you're going until you notice how many skiers you've passed.

Bottom line: I'd never buy another brand - it's that good. The only thing I'd switch for my next board is jumping up to a 172!

Customer Service

NS has a great rep for standing behind their product but I wouldn't know - I think this board could take three or four direct artillery hits and still be good for another couple of seasons.

Similar Products Used:

Burtons, LibTechs, etc. they all pale in comparison.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Sep 08, 2007]
Condor
Snowboarder

I got this back in 2004, but it was the ;03 model. 161. The board has a much wider nose, and almost pointed tail, giving it good powder riding dynamics. The effective edge is also very long , making it absurdly fast. The sintered base comes pre-waxed and NS offers the best warranty in the business. The board has sidewalls, which is way better than that cap-top stuff, no matter what anyone says. The board is strictly for freeride. It devours chop, holds edges through ice and bombs cliffs on the daily. If you ask it to cut a trench in a groomer it will do that too—about 8 inches deep!

Infact, if you read most of the other reviews about this board, you'll notice riders and owners of this stick get delusions of grandeur and invincibility. One really needs to watch out for that, because the board is designed to save the lives of experts in life-threatening situations.

It's not a freestyle board. there's really only two major reasons why though... first some of the "pop" is missing from this deck—because it's exchange for vibration dampening (and we all know you can't have both); second freestyle is wack and only cool people ride this board!

Customer Service

best warranty in the business, even though they are American and will take your call, there's no reason to call them.

Similar Products Used:

no, not really. nothing compares. You should buy a NS or an Arbor.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[May 05, 2007]
jay
Snowboarder

I feel compelled to do something to give back to a board that has given me so much. So, I am writing this review.
I own a 2006 NeverSummer T5 165, and it is lovely, a true magical joy to ride. Yes, MAGICAL! For example, I go down the mountain and I feel as though energy is being transferred from the mountain through the board and is traveling up my legs and through my entire body. THE BOARD IS SOME SORT OF MEDIUM!!! I think that possibly the materials used to create the T5 somehow harmonized with the universal energy field and create a link between the physical and metaphysical planes.
Im pretty sure that one day I will be able to trancend the physical realm due to riding the neversummer t5.
Also it carves really well, and is damp so the chatter goes away on ice and crud.
But it performs best when you just point it down the steeps and bomb over everything and you feel the energy from the metaphysical plane starting to come up through your legs, that's the best...Im prety sure I am going to transform (into something, what? I dont know) one day due to the energy, but that is not important.
This board rocks and neversummer rules, I rode burton for the last 7 years and never had any energy pass from the mountain into me, It rides much smoother too, and the quality of construction of neversummer boards is much better than anything in the physical realm...so go buy one and launch yourself off a cliff

Similar Products Used:

burton
gnu
nitro

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[May 06, 2006]
lectro
Snowboarder

i demo'd this board on a nice sunny day in april up at mammoth mtn. i spent the better half of this season demo'ing boards this year. four to be exact. i was looking for a board that was stable, could make going fast feel like your going slow, could handle turns like a trained chef's knife and i wanted a board that would make me look and feel better. i bought the never summer for all those reasons and more but none more important then the last one, this board made me want to be a better person. i've lost weight, my hair has grown back, i've got five new girlfriends and i was just voted most popular person in a 10 mile radius from where i live zone. it some new prize the city's doing. i think i'm the first to get it, which is weird. anyway. any of u think that cats have more than nine lives? u know like a runt is different from the rest maybe a cat can be born with more lives than nine. hmmm... crazy. those cats. and that's why i bought this board. that how i rode down the mtn all day long. so natural, so smooth, so effortlessly, so like i was the master... and snow was my throne. i owned wherever i went, whatever direction. didn't have to think. daydreamed, for lack of effort. i was awed in every direction. everything you've ever read about them are true... x infinity. i love neversummer and i'm never buying anything else ever. especially shampoo. i quite tired of buying shampoo.

Similar Products Used:

demo'd 4 boards this winter:
burton triump: #4 tank, mogul masher
buton malolo: #2 (tied) excellent powder board
nitro pantera: #2 (tied) great stability
neversummer t5: #1

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Aug 24, 2005]
rmcgrath
Snowboarder

Purchased a T5(168) '03 model in 2004. I am a beginner at the age of 32 and have very little experience on other boards. I have used the board on the small hills of Ohio and at Bridger Bowl and Big Sky in Montana. I am completely satisfied with the performance of the board. Smooth, stable and carves very well. People always ask if I have trouble doing sharp carves on such a large board and I can honestly say it is great. I don't do the terrain park (too old and inexperienced) so all my time has been just cruising down the slopes. I hit a few rocks at Big Sky and it barely scratched the board. Great board for a beginner and I plan on using it for years.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-10 of 19  

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.

outdoorreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network:

mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com