Burton T6 Freeride

Burton T6 Freeride 

DESCRIPTION

The Burton T6 snowboard is the ride you want for backcountry adventures, and blower days inbounds. For the most technologically advanced freeride board on the planet, Burton designed the T6 with Terje for the discriminating rider who demands a lively and agile board that excels in any condition.

USER REVIEWS

Showing 1-10 of 18  
[Apr 24, 2023]
Kiyumi22

Strength:

After tring them in the stores The Body Guard Champlain Was my choice because of the overall construction and features. We are a family of four. I Run 40 minutes on the treadmill everyday,My wife works out four times a week, mobile truck repair

Weakness:

None . .

Purchased:
New  
OVERALL
RATING
[Aug 24, 2021]
pondskater

Strength:

Super fast on the groomers like everyone else says, and holds edge at high speed very well. Great for carving (bombing) untouched corduroy while waiting for Avy control to clear out the bowls. Roadside Assistance

Weakness:

None so far

Purchased:
New  
OVERALL
RATING
[Feb 23, 2014]
steven
Snowboarder

Found it and got it fixed fcukin love it !

Customer Service

the hill was nice to me :)

Similar Products Used:

a bit of P-tex and sweat and blood sweet as a nut

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Nov 25, 2012]
Stauffer
Snowboarder

Very responsive on demand,been riding a T6 for 120 rides....5'10" 215lbs 52 year old snow junkie!
Flow NXT AT bindings also a +

Customer Service

Was originally purchased with Burton Cartel bindings included

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Mar 13, 2009]
dennis09x
Snowboarder

I'm 5'9" age 22, 215 lbs, been riding for 1 1/2 years. Peg myself at intermediate level.

I took my new 164 07/08 Burton T6 out today on a smaller local hill (can't wait to get back to louise), all groomers. As the previous reviews have stated, this board is frictionless, accelerates you through corners, light as h ell, quick and twitchy but in a good way. The landings on jumps are a little hard but not so bad. By the end of the day I was getting tired and losing concentration, sure enough that's when the twitch and quickness was becoming a bit of a pain in the a ss for me (but really who wouldn't say the same type of thing of any board if they weren't in the fresh riding mindset). The one real thing that caught me off guard the most was the catch the edges had and how they really whip you out of carves. I guess the best way I can explain it is, you really have to think and act on the technicality of your riding, otherwise this board will just fire you off into the trees. Defiantly a new feeling for me.

Overall, coming from a ebay starter Silence Shatter 163, I am totally floored about how responsive and quick this board is (for good reason). The board wasn't all that hard to ride for me, not like people make you think in the reviews, where they say experts only. Trust me, i'm no expert, I just started the jumps and what not, more of a speed junkie. 5 out of 5 for sure. Little expensive, but it's well worth it, you won't be disappointed.

Similar Products Used:

none really

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Feb 27, 2009]
SoCal
Snowboarder

Read UnSane's review. He's nailed it. I've tried Customs, Custom X, and the Supermodel and the T6 is the only board that comes close to the BMC.

I still have my BMC and have ridden it side-by-side with the T6. The BMC is the best board Burton ever made. The T6 is a great board, but I don't think it edges quite as good as the BMC at high speed. And I don't think it's as quick edge to edge as the BMC. But it's the only board that even remotely comes close to the BMC

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Oct 17, 2008]
denny Flynn
Snowboarder

Burton T6 goes like a missile . lots of fun to ride should not be given to a novice its just too much power to be taken lightly .

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jan 22, 2008]
unSane
Snowboarder

I came to the T6 from its predecessor, the Burton BMC, which I rode the last four seasons. Another BMC before that.

Riding a 164w in both, on nice Burton bindings and the Driver boots. The BMC was a really, really nice board but I had squeezed the juice out of it and was ready for a change. I'd been looking at the T6 for a couple of years and finally decided to go for it. Strapped it on, rode the lift up and --

-- even getting off the lift, the difference was obvious. The T6 base feels really frictionless. I knew at that point it was going to be fast. When I headed down the hill, I also discovered that it was both stiffer and lighter than the BMC.

Translation -- it's both twitchier and holds a carve better.

Once I widened out my stance to get a bit more stability, this board came into its own. My observations --

1. Like the BMC, it's not a beginner board. You have to ride it or it will ride you, painfully. You cannot simply point it down the hill. When you are tired and losing concentration, or haven't warmed up, it be frustrating as it doesn't forgive anything.

The flipside is that it will rail just about anything, at ludicrous speed. It crashes through chop, and I found that it held a line through moguls amazingly, although it was quite the thrill ride.

The stiffness becomes a life saver on steeps, in ice, or any time you find yourself unexpectedly airborne... you can generally land right back into a carve without a worry. And carving is really what this board's all about, although I also had a lot of fun in powder.

The lightness makes it a pleasure to ride. The stiffness means that unless you work the board with lots of pressure, it is going to feel dead, and unless you are uber-aware of your edges, it is going to buck you like a donkey.

So, big turns, speed, challenging slopes, carve, carve, carve, that's what this is all about. I'd definitely recommend stiff boots, good bindings and a new set of underwear.

Summary: great board, best I've ridden. I'd classify myself as an advanced but not expert rider (I have level 1 instructor and could probably do 2, but haven't bothered). I'm comfortable on double black diamonds but not much into the park or pipe.

Customer Service

No experience. Never had an issue with a Burton product that wasn't easily resolved.

Similar Products Used:

Burton BMC 164w
Various rental POS boards

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Feb 23, 2007]
Alex
Snowboarder

Super fast on the groomers like everyone else says, and holds edge at high speed very well. Great for carving (bombing) untouched corduroy while waiting for Avy control to clear out the bowls. Not too many people have mentioned the ride in powder - let me fill that in.

Had a week up in Whistler earler this season ... it's great in steep powder on faces/bowls, but too stiff for deep powder on really gentle slopes - the stiffness can make it tricky getting nice turns in on flatter terrain. I found it very tricky on moguls and in tight trees since I weigh 130 lbs but was riding the 159 cm board.

Best thing about this board is its stability at high speeds and on really big landings. Very very good board for big kickers or dropping boulders, cornices, and cliffs because of stability and stiffness. Tail is very very stiff which is good for holding exit speed on turns but a little too stiff to load up ollies. Very good for breaking through crust on windblown stuff.

Lessons learned - don't take this one out early in the season cause it doesn't float and you'll be crying over the base damage. Don't oversize the ride thinking you'll get a powder stick, cause it's too stiff for that. Stance options are limited if you like narrow setups (<20"), but pretty good for wider stances.

Summary - a true "all-mountain" performer with a nod toward those who like speed and getting airborne.

Customer Service

Just qualifying my review:
I've been riding for 6 seasons, and I'm no "expert" yet but advanced enough to rock Gunbarrel and Killebrew at Heavenly to Spanky's Ladder and McConkey's at Blackcomb/Whistler. I prefer off-piste riding and natural terrain features. I weigh 130 pounds and have ridden boards from 153 to 162 cm. I use this board as a quiver board for big-mountain features (big faces, big drops, big jumps), and ride a smaller 154cm board for tighter quarters (trees/chutes).

Similar Products Used:

Rossi RS, Head Team i.CT

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Feb 21, 2007]
Monique
Snowboarder

Burton T6... wicked board! I was riding the women's Feelgood ES. Tried the T6 on a demo day at the resort and loved it. Nice spring/pop to the board, excellent edge to edge and very easy to swing in the turns. Fantastic for carving. Great control at faster speed. Beautiful light weight. Best board I have ridden. Tried the Vapor too but found the stance width a little wide for women and softer than the T6/not as much spring in the board. Highly recommended.

Similar Products Used:

Burton Feelgood ES
Burton Vapor
Head Matrix snowboard

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-10 of 18  

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.

outdoorreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network:

mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com